To see the original article click here.
Here are the top 10 nutrition facts that everyone actually agrees on (well, almost everyone…).
1. Added Sugar Is a Disaster
Added sugar provides empty calories and is believed to be a leading cause of diseases that kill millions of people each year.
2. Omega-3 Fats Are Crucial and Most People Don’t Get Enough
A large part of the population is not getting enough omega-3 fats from their diet. Avoiding a deficiency in these essential fatty acids may help prevent many diseases.
3. There Is No Perfect Diet for Everyone
The best diet for you is the one that works for you and you can stick to in the long term.
4. Artificial Trans Fats Are Very Unhealthy
Trans fats form in chemically processed oils and are linked to all sorts of chronic diseases. You should avoid them like the plague.
5. Eating Vegetables Will Improve Your Health
Vegetables are rich in all sorts of nutrients. Eating vegetables each day is associated with improved health and a lower risk of disease.
6. It Is Critical to Avoid a Vitamin D Deficiency
Vitamin D is a crucial hormone in the body and many people are deficient in it. Reversing a deficiency can have powerful health benefits.
7. Refined Carbohydrates Are Bad for You
Refined carbohydrates like processed grains are unhealthy. They are lacking in nutrients and eating them may lead to rapid spikes in blood sugar and insulin, which can cause all sorts of problems down the line.
8. Supplements Can Never Fully Replace Real Foods
It is much more important to eat real, nutritious foods than to count on supplements to provide the nutrients you need.
9. “Diets” Don’t Work — a Lifestyle Change Is Necessary
Adopting a healthy lifestyle is the only way to ensure long-term weight loss and a lifetime of improved health.
10. Unprocessed Food Is Healthiest
Basically, processed foods have less of the good stuff and a lot more of the bad stuff.
The most important thing you can do to ensure optimal health is to eat real food. If it looks like it was made in a factory, don’t eat it!