Cricket is a popular game played between two teams, generally of 11 members each. In essence, it is single combat, in which an individual batsman does battle against an individual bowler, who has helpers known as fielders. It is wildly popular in India, England, and Australia, where it is seen as a national sport. It is a great team sport that hopefully gains some popularity in the rest of the world!
To see the article click here
Here are Health Fitness Revolution‘s Top 10 Health Benefits of Cricket:
1. Increased Stamina and Endurance: the constant running across the field helps to increase stamina.
2. Balance: balance is also something one can improve through this sport because of the utmost concentration required while playing cricket.
3. Flexibility: learning to move freely is something that comes with practice in cricket, thus improving on flexibility of an individual.
4. Coordination: when catching or throwing the ball, a cricket player improves his hand eye coordination.
5. Cardio: Cricket includes a lot of throwing and sprinting across the field, which is a great cardiovascular activity.
6. Improved Motor Skills: Bowling, batting and catching the ball require gross motor skills. These are such activities that make the large body muscles to work.
7. Social Skills: its a great way to interact with people and its also a great way to learn to cope with winning or losing. Cricket matches can last several hours, and within that time one must work with the team in a cooperative manner to develop and initiate game strategies and win the match.
8. Muscle Toning: like any other sport, cricket also helps with gaining and toning your muscles.
9. Physical Fitness: all the sprinting and bowling requires you to be constantly up and running, which increases your physical activity level.
10. Team Building: it is a team sport. Eleven players must work together for several hours on the field, utilizing strategies to defeat the other team. Children playing cricket learn cooperation and other social skills, while building a sense of pride and accomplishment when their team wins. Even adults can enjoy the opportunity to foster friendships outside of the office. Victory is all the sweeter when shared.