To view the original article click here
1. Ask, “What can I do to help you today? Notice how they affect other people—not you—and comment on it.
2. Cook dinner for them.
3. See their potential and encourage them to pursue their dreams.
4. Ask them to retell their favorite story.
5. Let them pick the plans and find a way to really enjoy it—go line dancing, and see the experience through their eyes.
6. Tell them which qualities of theirs you admire.
7. Introduce them to someone you love as, “My dear friend who taught me…”
8. Introduce them to something new that you think would enrich their lives.