The components that makes the flow, according to Csikszentmihalyi:
- Challenge-skill balance; the task at hand presents a challenge but still meet individual’s skills.
- Merging of action and awareness.
- Immediate and unambiguous feedback.
- Complete focus on the task at hand.
- Feelings of personal control over the situation and the outcome.
- Lack of awareness of physical needs.
- Transformation of time or timelessness; feeling so focused on the present that you lose track of time passing.
- Feelings of serenity; loss of self-consciousness.
- Autotelic experience; the task has a purpose in itself. A person does it for its own sake, because it is intrinsically rewarding (in comparison to doing something to achieve external goals).
What you Need To Do
- Set yourself a goal that’s challenging enough
- let yourself go.
- Eliminate possible distractions.
- Continuous movement
- Plan. Practice