“If you want to be happy, practice compassion.”
To read the original article click here
If you are one of those amazing people who volunteers regularly to make people’s lives better or who decides to remedy a particular ill by starting a foundation or a charity, more power to you! But even we ordinary mortals can make the world better in small ways. Here are 8 suggestions you might decide to act on, from the ridiculously easy to the slightly more challenging:
1. Practice courtesy: Holding the door and saying “please” and “thank you” are easy ways to recognise the feelings and situation of another person. Smile.
2. Offer to return a supermarket cart to its rack for a busy parent or a senior. This little gesture is a great time-saver for someone.
3. Put a coin in an expired or expiring meter for a stranger.
4. Write a gratitude letter to someone who has been a positive force in your life. Or just tell someone how much you appreciated something he or she did.
5. Call a relative or friend to see how they’re doing.
6. Offer to pick up groceries or medications for someone who is ill.
7. Buy a cup of coffee for a stranger.
8. Write a check to a worthwhile charity.