- Do not overdo it. Interval train a couple of times a week mixed with your resistance and steady-state cardio exercise. Doing too much with cause the body to overtrain and you’ll be exhausted.
- Be creative with your workouts. Find the exercises you like – so if you like the bike, for example, then work on that at a high level mixed with a slow recovery period.
- You can also just do bodyweight intervals: Squats, lunges, push ups, burpees, star jumps are all simple exercises that can be performed into a full-body interval session mixed with recovery periods.
- Make sure you warm up and cool down properly as the body is put through added stress doing this so you will want to prevent injury as much as possible.
- Drink plenty of water before and after as you’ll lose a lot through sweat and heat.
Example: Run at a fast pace for two minutes with a two-three minute walk or slow jog for recovery. Repeat for your desired workout time (ideally no longer than 20-30 minutes)