The NHS Organ Donor Register is a confidential national database that holds the details of around 21 million people who want to donate their organs after their death.
If you want to be a donor, add your name to the register and tell those closest to you. This will make it easier for them to ensure donation goes ahead in the event of your death.
There are a number of ways you can join the register, including: (for more information please go to NHSUK
- completing an online form
- completing a form available in GP surgeries and hospitals
- calling the free NHS Donor Line on 0300 123 23 23 (lines are open 24 hours a day, 365 days a year)
- texting SAVE to 62323
- when applying online for a driving licence or vehicle tax
- when registering with a GP
- when registering online for a European Health Insurance Card (EHIC)